Holi is coming and as we all know holi is all about colours, food and thandai. So here’s the basic and easy recipe to make thandai syrup at home. No preservatives, no artificial flavours. Full of taste, super energetic and super delicious thandai recipe at home this holi.
Happy Holi to all my subscribers and their families. Have a safe and colourful Holi.
- 1/4 cup almonds.
- 2 tbsp melon seeds.
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds.
- 2 tbsp pistachios.
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds.
- 1 tbsp peppercorns.
- 5-6 cardamom.
- 2 Pinch of saffron.
- 2 tbsp gulkand.
- 2 cup sugar.
- 1.5 cup water.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a bowl add almonds, melon seeds, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, peppercorns, pistachios, cardamom and saffron and mix well.
- Add around 3/4 cup hot water and let it soak for 4-5 hours.
- After soaking blend the mixture into smooth paste.
- Add gulkand and blend again.
- In a wok add sugar, water and saffron and let the sugar melt.
- Once sugar melt add the prepared paste.
- Mix and cook for about 15-20 mins.
- Once it turns nice and thick remove from flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely transfer the syrup in a bottle and store it upto 3-4 months in refrigerator and use.
For making thandai:-
- In a glass add 2-3 tbsp thandai syrup and little milk and mix it well.
- Once it mixes well add ice cubes and fill the glass with milk and mix well.
- Add chopped almonds, pistachios on top.
- Add saffron, dried rose petels and enjoy it chilled.