Upma is a super healthy breakfast recipe. It’s quick and tastes delicious. Semolina is a good source of protein and it’s super healthy. Do give this recipe a try.
- 1 cup semolina.
- 2 tbsp oil.
- 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- 1 tsp bengal gram.
- 1 tsp black gram skinned
- 1 tsp grated ginger.
- 2 green chilli.
- 8-10 curry leaves.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 3-4 tbsp roasted peanuts.
- 3 cups water.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1/2 tsp sugar.
- 1 tsp clarified butter.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan dry roast the semolina for 3-4 mins.
- In a wok add oil and add mustard seeds, bengal gram, black gram skinned, grated ginger, green chilli, curry leaves and saute 1-2 mins.
- Add chopped onion and saute few mins.
- Add roasted peanuts and saute well.
- Add 3 cups water and add salt, sugar and clarified butter and bring it to a boil.
- Add roasted semolina and stir continuously.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.