Rava Kesari is a popular South Indian sweet dish. It’s made out of semolina. Looks similarly like sooji ka halwa but tastes even better. Quick and easy Rava Kesari recipe.
- 1/2 cup semolina.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp clarified butter.
- 1/4 tsp orange food color.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1.5 cup water.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- 1/4 cup cashew and raisins.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan heat clarified butter add cashew and raisins and fry it for few seconds.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Add semolina and roast it for 2-3 mins.
- In a wok add water and add orange food color and bring it to a boil.
- Add roasted semolina and stir continuously.
- Once starts combining add sugar and mix well.
- Sugar melts and cooked well.
- Add clarified butter and mix well and cook till clarified butter absorbs well.
- Add cardamom powder, fried cashew and raisins and mix well.