Paneer ghee roast is specially made with ghee. Served typically as side dish. It’s made out of fresh paneer and fresh masala
The ghee roast actually originated in a small town called Kundapur near Mangalore.
- 300 gms paneer.
- 5 tbsp clarified butter.
- 5 Kashmiri red chilli.
- 3 red chilli.
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds.
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns.
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds.
- 4 garlic.
- 1 inch ginger.
- 2 tbsp tamarind water.
- 2-3 tbsp normal water
- 6-7 curry leaves.
- 2 finely chopped onion.
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- 2 tbsp whisked curd.
- 1 tsp jaggery.
- Salt as per taste.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan add kashmiri red chilli, red chilli, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, black peppercorns and roast for 2-3 mins on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and let it all cool down.
- Transfer it in a mixer jar and add garlic, ginger, tamarind water and normal water and blend into fine paste.
- In a pan heat clarified butter and roast the paneer till it turns light brown.
- Once turns light brown take it out in a plate.
- Transfer the remaining clarified butter in a wok and add 2 more tbsp clarified butter in it.
- Add curry leaves and saute few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onion and slightly saute it.
- Add prepared paste and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Saute the masala till it changes its color.
- Once it changes it color lower the flame.
- Add whisked curd and mix well.
- Saute the masala till clarified butter separates.
- Once clarified butter separates add jaggery and salt and mix well.
- Add roasted paneer and mix well.