How to Make Paneer Butter Masala Without Onion And Garlic
Butter paneer a rich and creamy Indian curry. A Very delicious and tasty curry of Paneer. It can be served with Rotis and parathas. The tomato gravy with cream and cashew nuts makes it rich and creamy and taste just like restaurant style.
250 gms cottage cheese/Paneer.
2 tbsp oil.
1 Bay leaf.
1 cinnamon stick.
1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
3 cardamom pods.
1 inch roughly chopped ginger.
4 roughly chopped tomatoes.
2 green chilli.
10-15 cashew nuts.
1 tsp red chilli powder.
1 tsp coriander powder.
1/2 tsp garam masala.
1 tsp fenugreek powder.
1/2 cup cream.
2 tbsp butter.
1/2 tsp sugar.
2 tbsp coriander leaves.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
1. In a pan heat oil and add Bay leaf, cumin seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, green chilli, ginger and saute for 2 mins.
2. Add roughly chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts, and salt and mix all well.
3. Cook till tomatoes soften (8-10 mins) on medium – low flame.
4. Once tomatoes become soft and mushy turn off the flame and cool down the mixture.
5. Discard Bay leaf and blend the mixture into smooth paste.
6. Strain the paste using strainer and add little water while straining.
7. In the same pan heat butter and add red chilli powder and saute for 30 sec on low flame.
8. Add paste and mix well.
9. Add coriander powder, salt, sugar and mix well and cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
10. Add 1/2 cup of water to adjust consistency of gravy and cook 2-3 mins.
11. Add cream and mix well.
12. Add garam masala, fenugreek powder and mix well.
13. Add cottage cheese and cook for 2 mins.
14. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
15. Serve hot and garnish with cream.