Lauki/Bottle Gourd Kofta Curry Recipe
Bottle gourd kofta’s is an Indian curry. The combination of these bottle gourd kofta’s and the gravy is unique. It is simply a very tastier as well as healthier dish. It can be served with Rotis, Rice, naan and many more. The tomato and dry mango powder in the gravy gives it a tangy flavour and then the koftas are dipped in the gravy and cooked up in it and then the whole curry is topped up with coriander leaves which makes it even more flavourful.
500 gms bottle gourd.
1/2 cup gram flour.
1/2 tsp carom seeds.
1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
1/2 tsp red chilli powder.
1 tsp coriander powder.
1/2 tsp garam masala.
1 green chilli.
1/2 tsp ginger paste.
1 tbsp coriander leaves.
Oil for frying.
5 tbsp oil.
2 medium onion paste.
1 tbsp ginger paste.
1 tbsp garlic paste.
2 tsp green chilli paste.
1 tsp cumin seeds.
1/4 tsp asafoetida.
4 medium tomato paste.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
1 tsp red chilli powder.
2 tsp coriander powder.
1 tsp garam masala.
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder.
1 tsp fenugreek powder.
3 tsp gram flour.
1/2 tsp dry mango powder.
2 tbsp coriander leaves.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
1. Firstly wash the bottle gourd and peel it.
2. Grate them and squeeze all water from it.
3. In a bowl add squeezed bottle gourd, gram flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, coriander powder, ginger paste, green chilli, coriander leaves and mix all well.
4. After mixing let it rest for 10 mins.
5. After 10 mins make balls and fry them in medium flame till it browns.
6. Take it out in kitchen towel.
7. In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and saute for a min.
8. Add onion paste and cook for 3-4 mins.
9. Now add ginger paste, garlic paste and again saute for 2-3 mins.
10. Add green chilli paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, roasted cumin powder, garam masala and cook for 5-6 mins.
11. Now add tomato paste and cook till oil releases.
12. Add gram flour, fenugreek powder, dry mango powder and mix well.
13. As oil releases add bottle gourd water and cook for 8-10 mins on medium low flame.
14. Now adjust consistency by adding a cup of water.
15. As gravy boils up add koftas to them and let them cook together for 3-5 mins om medium flame.
16. Add coriander leaves and mix well.