Lauki Chana Dal sabji Without Onion and Garlic Recipe
This recipe is prepared using split chickpea lentils(chana dal) with bottle gourd. A combination of both of these ingredients makes it healthy and tasty.
500 gms bottle gourd.
5 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
1 tsp red chilli powder.
2 slit green chilli.
1/2 tsp garam masala.
1 tbsp coriander leaves.
1 cup water.
2 tbsp oil.
1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
1/4 tsp asafoetida(hing).
1/4 cup split chickpea lentils(chana dal).
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
1. In a bowl add 1/4 cup of split chickpea lentils (chana dal) and wash them using water.
2. Soak them in water for about 30 mins.
3. In a pan add oil, cumin seeds, asafoetida and saute for a min.
4. Add chopped bottle gourd, green chillies and split chickpea lentils and mix well.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
6. Cover and cook for 5 mins on medium low flame to let the masala cooked well.
7. Add water and cover and cook for 7-8 mins or till bottle gourd cooked.
8. Add garam masala and coriander leaves and mix well.
9. Add water to adjust the consistency and cook for about 2-3 mins.