Kalakand is one of the sweet which is basically made with only milk and sugar. It need hardwork but its taste pays all that hardwork. It’s tastes is beyond the imagination as its only made up of few ingredients. Definitely try this recipe and share your experience with us.
- 2 litre milk.
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- Pistachio for garnishing.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan heat 1 litre of milk and bring it to a boil.
- After a boil switch off the gas.
- Add lemon juice little by little and mix.
- Once milk curdles drain the water.
- Wash the chenna with cold water to remove the sourness from chenna.
- In another wok heat a litre of milk and bring it to a boil.
- After boiling reduce the milk to half of it original quantity.
- After reducing milk, add chenna and cook till chenna absorbs the whole milk and chenna thickens.
- Add sugar and cook till sugar melts and chenna thickens.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Once mixture start separating pan remove it from flame.
- Grease the tray with clarified butter and spread the mixture over it.
- Spread and level it and add chopped pistachio on top and slightly press it.
- Allow to cool down for 4-5 hours.
- After it sets cut into desired shape and enjoy.