Winters are here, the one thing best about the winters is gajar ka halwa. Delicious, rich gajar ka halwa recipe using milk and khoya. Do try this recipe at home and enjoy the winter season.
- 500 gms grated carrot.
- 5+2 tbsp clarified butter.
- 1/2 litre milk.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 1/4 tsp caradmom powder.
- 1 cup grated khoya.
- 1/4 cup cashew and almonds.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan heat clarified butter and add grated carrot.
- Saute the carrot for 8-10 mins or until it changes its color to orange.
- Add 1/2 litre of milk and mix it well.
- Cover and let it cook for 20-25 mins.
- After 25 mins open the lid and stir continuously till milk evaporates.
- Add sugar and cook till sugar melts and gets thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add grated khoya and let it cook till khoya melts completely.
- Cook till halwa separates pan.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp clarified butter and add chopped cashew and almonds and saute it slightly.
- Add the nuts in the halwa and mix well.
- Transfer in a serving dish and top it with grated khoya and serve hot.