Dhaba Style Bhindi/okra Recipe
Masala lady finger or okra masala is a great combination of onion- tomato gravy with curd. The lady finger here is fried first and then added to gravy. The tangy gravy along with the fried lady fingers are just perfect to serve with parathas,rotis. Easy to make and healthy and tasty to eat.
500 gms lady finger.
6 tbsp mustard oil.
1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
1/4 tsp asafoetida.
2 finely chopped onion.
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
2 green chilli.
3 medium tomato paste.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
1 tsp red chilli powder.
3 tsp corainder powder.
1/2 tsp cumin powder.
1 tsp garam masala.
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder.
1/2 tsp sugar.
1/2 cup whisk curd.
1/2 cup water.
2 tbsp coriander leaves.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
1. Firstly wash the dry the lady fingers.
2. Remove its top and end part and cut it into two equal parts.
3. In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil and add lady fingers and cook till its color changes.
3. At last add salt and mix well and keep aside in a plate.
4. In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida and saute for a min.
5. Add finely chopped onion and saute till onion browns.
6. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli and mix well.
7. Add tomato paste and mix well.
8. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well.
9. Cover and cook for 5-7 mins on medium flame stiring it occasionally.
10. Add garam masala, fenugreek powder, sugar and mix well.
11. Add whisk curd and mix continuously on low flame.
12. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
13. As gravy boils add fried lady finger and mix well.
14. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins .
15. Add coriander leaves and mix well.