Basundi tastes like heaven. It’s rich, creamy and thick. It’s tastes more delicious when served chilled.
Although you can even serve it hot. Dry fruits makes it even more richer in taste. Do give this recipe a try.
- 1 litre full cream milk.
- 5-6 tbsp chopped cashew, almond, pistachios.
- 10-15 safforn strands soaked with 2 tbsp milk.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Stiring occasionally cook the milk.
- Once milk reduces a bit add chopped dry fruits (cashew, almond, pistachio).
- Add safforn milk and cook the milk and stir occasionally.
- Boil and stir occasionally.
- Once milk reduces to half add sugar and mix well.
- Add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and cook it for more 4-5 mins.
- Once it reduces to 1/3 of it’s original quantity switch off the flame.
- Transfer the basundi in a bowl and chill it for 1 hour
- After chilling it serve it.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits on top and enjoy.