Make white sauce/ bechamel sauce at Home
White sauce is a basic sauce prepared using milk, all purpose flour, butter. It is used as a base for pastas, soups, pizzas and sauces.
2 tbsp butter.
2 tbsp all purpose flour.
300 ml milk.
1 small onion.
1 bay leaf.
1/4 tsp black pepper powder.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
1. In a pan heat butter and add all purpose flour and cook it for 2 mins on medium flame.
2. Do not over cook flour.
3. Gradually add milk and whisk continuously.
4. Add onion, bayleaf, cloves and cook the sauce until it thickens.
5. Once the sauce thickens discard the onions, bayleaf and cloves.
6. Add salt and black pepper powder and mix well.