Semolina (Sooji) burfi is a quick sweet recipe. It can be made quickly and it’s even easy to make. You can have this sweet for a long period of time in comparison to other sweets. It tastes amazing and easy to make.
- 1 cup semolina.
- 1/2 cup clarified butter.
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut.
- 1/4 cashew and almond powder.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 1/2 cup water.
- Chopped cashew and almonds for garnishing.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan heat clarified butter add semolina and mix well.
- Add dessicated coconut and mix well.
- Saute the mixture till it turns brown.
- Once turns brown remove from flame.
- Heat a kadai and add sugar and water and let sugar dissolve completely.
- Once sugar dissolved cook the sugar syrup for 1-2 more mins.
- Add the roasted semolina and add cashew and almond powder and mix well.
- Cook the mixture till it starts separating pan.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a tray with clarified butter and pour the mixture over it.
- Spread the mixture evenly and add chopped cashew and almonds on top.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and set for 5-10 mins.
- After 5-10 mins cut into desired shape and allow to cool completely.
- When cools completely cut again and take it out of tray.
- The more it cools down the more it sets.