Shrikhand is made out of hung curd. Its a flavoured yogurt. It has the taste of saffron, cardamom and dry nuts. It tastes soo good. It’s a different version of curd.
- 500 gms fresh curd.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp saffron milk.
- Sliced pistachios and almonds.
- Few saffron strands.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- Take a bowl and place a stainer over it.
- Place a cloth over the stainer.
- Add fresh curd and gently squeeze it to drain water.
- Tie a knot and leave it for few hours.
- After few hours you will see all water drains out.
- Hung curd is now ready.
- Transfer the curd in a bowl and whisk it till it become smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk and whisk well.
- Once the mixture turns smooth and fluffy.
- Take it out in a serving plate.
- Garnish it with some sliced pistachios and almonds.
- Pour 1 tsp of saffron milk.
- Add few saffron strands on top.
- Serve as it is or serve chilled.