Vermicelli kheer or Sevaiyan kheer a popular dessert. It is prepared with milk, vermicelli and dry fruits. A must try dessert in any occasion or festival.
- 1 cup vermicelli/Sevai.
- 6 cups full fat milk.
- 2 tbsp clarified butter/ghee.
- 2 tbsp almonds.
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts.
- 2 tbsp raisins.
- 1 tbsp pistachios.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan heat ghee and add almonds, cashew nuts, raisins, pistachios and roast 2-4 mins and take it out in a plate.
- In the same pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter and roast the vermicelli/sevai till it browns on medium-low flame and take it out in a plate.
- Wipe the pan with tissue and add 6 cups of milk.
- Let it boil and cook till it reduces to 1/2 of it’s quantity.
- Add roasted dry fruits and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add roasted vermicelli/Sevai and sugar and cook till vermicelli/Sevai softens.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.