Halwai style poori wali Aloo ki Sabji
This recipe of potato curry is quick and easy. This can be served with poori. It’s a curry with onion and tomato gravy and with the flavour of fenugreek leaves.
6 boiled potatoes.
1 medium onion.
3 tbsp oil.
2 tomato paste.
1 bay leaf.
1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
1/4 tsp asafoetida.
2 green chilli.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder.
1 tsp coriander powder.
2 tsp fenugreek leaves.
1.5 cup water.
1/2 tsp dry mango powder.
1/2 tsp garam masala.
2 tbsp coriander leaves.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
1. Roughly break the boiled potatoes.
2. In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida, bay leaf, green chilli and saute for 1 min.
3. Add kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for 1 min on low flame.
4. Add chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste.
5. Cook till onion browns.
6. Add tomato paste, coriander powder, salt and saute till oil releases.
7. Add dry mango powder, garam masala, fenugreek leaves and mix well.
8. Add water and let it boil.
9. Then add potatoes and cook for 5-7 mins on medium flame.
10. Add coriander leaves and mix well.