Mawa/Khoya Malpua made out of Mawa/khoya it’s mostly cooked during the festival of colors i.e, Holi. It’s taste delicious. It is dipped in sugar syrup and the texture of this Malpua is soft and smooth. Delicious Holi special sweet recipe.
- 1 cup khoya/Mawa.
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 2 tbsp semolina.
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 2 cup milk.
- Few saffron strands.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- Chopped nuts and pistachios.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a bowl add khoya/Mawa, all purpose flour, fennel seeds, semolina and mix it.
- Now add milk in batches and whisk well.
- Whisk for 5-7 mins so that to get lumps free batter.
- Cover and keep for 20-25 mins for fermentation.
- In a pan add sugar and water and let sugar dissolve completely.
- Add saffron and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Once the syrup turns sticky turn off the flame and cover the syrup.
- After 20-25 mins whisk the batter well.
- Pour the batter in medium hot oil and cook on low- medium flame.
- Splash oil on sides and top.
- Malpua will start fluffing up.
- Turn and cook both sides.
- Once turns brown on both sides take it out and remove it’s excess oil.
- Dip the Malpua in sugar syrup for 10-15 mins.
- After 10-15 mins take it out and garnish with nuts and pistachios.