Make tasty kaddu/Pumpkin aloo chana ki sabji
Pumpkin potato brown chana is a Indian curry prepared using pumpkin potatoes and brown chana. This is a dry curry which can be eaten with parathas, rotis. The brown chana is used here are soaked one which gives it a different taste. Five spices(panch phoron) in it makes it even more tasty.
500 gms pumpkin.
300 gms potato.
1/2 tsp five spices.
1 medium onion.
2 tsp grated garlic.
1 tsp red chilli powder.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
2 green chilli.
1/2 tsp garam masala.
2 tbsp oil.
1/2 cup water.
3 tbsp brown chana.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
1. In a bowl add 3 tbsp of brown chana and water and let it soak for about 2 hours.
2. In a pan heat oil and add five spices( panch phoron) and saute for a min.
3. Add onion and slightly saute it.
4. Add grated garlic and saute till onion and garlic browns.
5. Add chopped potatoes and cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Add chopped pumpkin, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, green chilli and mix well.
7. Cover and cook for 5 mins stiring it occasionally.
8. After 5 mins add water and cook for 3-4 mins more.
9. Add brown chana and cook for 2 mins.
10. Add garam masala and mix well.