Jeera rice a very quick rice recipe. It can be made within mins yet a delicious one. It’s made out of rice and jeera and few other spices. Tastes delicious and effortless recipe within few mins.
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp clarified butter/ghee
- 1 crushed black cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a bowl wash the basmati rice well and soak in water for 30 mins.
- In a pressure cooker heat clarified butter/ghee.
- Add cinnamon sticks, crushed black cardamom, bay leaf and saute for few seconds.
- Add cumin seeds and saute till it turns brown.
- Add soaked rice and saute for few mins.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle on medium flame.
- Add coriander leaves once pressure released and mix gently.