Besan barfi made out of gram Flour, sugar syrup and clarifies butter. It can be made quickly. It tastes delicious. Besan ki barfi recipe.
- 1/2 cup clarified butter.
- 1 cup gram flour.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- 8-10 saffron strands.
- 2 tbsp chopped dry fruits.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE
- In a pan heat clarified butter.
- Add gram flour and cook on low flame till it turns brown.
- Once it turns brown remove from flame.
- In another pan add sugar and 1/4 cup water and cook till sugar melts.
- Add saffron strands and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook the syrup till one string consistency.
- Put the gram flour mixture in flame and lower the flame, give it a stir and add sugar syrup and mix well.
- Stir continuously till it starts separating pan.
- Grease a tray with clarified butter and spread the mixture over it (do this process quickly as mixture set quickly).
- Add chopped dry fruits on top and press slightly.
- Let it set for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins cut into desired shapes and again allow to set completely.
- Once set completely demould it and enjoy.